Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lego, the Ninja Warrior

It has been a verrrrrrrrry long week. Cody and I are both working extremely long hours. He has worked 12 hour days all this week for training, and I have been working from 7 - 5 every day due to several of my co-workers taking unexpected leave. I know 7-5 might not seem like much, but do keep in mind that I am 5.5 months pregnant and work with 10- and 11-year-olds. To top it off, I also had to attend a staff meeting from 6:30 - 8:00 pm on Monday night, so I am feeling very ragged by this point in the week.

I just wanted to check in and send a little laugh your way. Below is a video that my class and I are making. We are studying Stop Action Animation - the process of taking several pictures of different positions and stringing them together to make coherent movement (this is also the technique used in Claymation). My kids came up with the storyline all on their own - they wanted a Ninja as the star, so we taped up a Lego man as best we could. They also insisted that he try to destroy the Taj Mahal. The film isn't quite finished - We'll be adding an intro and some finishing scenes of rubble as well as a Lego man victory dance (the kids want to try to make the Lego man break dance victoriously). The film may seem short, but it took over 200 still photos strung together to get it to this length!



Coming up tomorrow: Field Trip to the Auto Tecknik Museum - pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment