Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lost in the Fog

Driving to work this morning is very seriously the scariest thing I have ever done in my life. I leave for work at 6:30 am - in Germany at that time in the morning, it is still pitch dark outside. This morning, I opened the front door of the house and froze - on top of the darkness, I literally could not see more than 10-15 feet in front of me - the fog surrounding us was so think I felt like I could have cut it with a knife!

I debated silently with myself for a good 30 seconds before deciding that "fog" probably wasn't an acceptable reason to call in to work while living in Germany. As I said - it was a very scary drive, but I was very proud of myself in the end.

Here are some pictures taken after my morning shift was over - please note the *after* part of that sentence - that means that the sun had already risen and burned off the worst of it. The pictures don't even come close to what I was up against at 6:30 am in the dark!



No comments:

Post a Comment